Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy 4th of July, almost!!!

The Fourth of July has always been one of my FAVORITE holidays. My dad would take us camping every summer over the July 4th weekend, and that always was the best. We could each take a friend if we wanted and he would make us the best breakfasts. We would go to a store that still today sells penny candy. And they still sell candy cigarettes that I thought were outlawed a long time ago :) I love the parades and the fireworks and that strong sense of patriotism that I feel every year on the 4th. I love it when we go up north, or go camping or tubing (my favorite), I just love Michigan.

So, I am really excited that it's Thursday, we have lots of fun things going on this weekend. Eva's Jonas Brothers concert at DTE (Pine Knob as us thirtysomethings call it) is tomorrow. Eva, Rachel, Madeline and Molly all made their own concert T-shirts, it's going to be so much fun. Eva is so girly and emotional, it's times like these when that's a good thing :) Poor little K-fun is too little to go, but she will have fun staying back with Miss Sue (or Miss Shoe as Kayla says). Last night, we missed our church's service at Fenton High School because Kayla was very tired, but it turned out okay because I needed a night to just be at home and spend lots of time with the girls. I miss them so much when I'm at work and work has been so crazy busy lately, but I'm just lucky that they are with my sister and my mom who love them as much as I do :) The one day they spend with Miss Sue is good for them, she has rules and makes them mind, which is a new concept to them :) and very good for them. No, they are good girls.

Oh and one more thing before I go, we tried potty training again with Kayla yesterday, and she said, "No, I want my diaper back on!" And this morning she cried when I threw her yucky diaper away, so I had to get a clean one and bundle it up like it was dirty so she could lay with it. Eva called it Kayla's "cuddle bug". Great, it looks like Kayla will be in diapers forever!

No comments:

Blog Layout