Monday, July 14, 2008

Our Tennessee Whitewater Rafting Trip......

....was AWESOME!!! I could not have asked for a better vacation!!! My big brother Daniel treated us all to a much needed family vacation. There were 30 of us: Dad, Helen, Dan, Vicki, Daniel, Justin, Tara, Me, Todd, Eva, Kayla, Becky, Dan, Rob, Alise, Jonathan, Chris (his friend), Jordan, Joshua, Jaidyn, Brian, Diane, Ryan, Sarah, Kristin, Shayne, Brendan, Sheryl, Ashley, and Alex. It was a long drive, about 10 hours, but the girls were perfect angels there and back and I don't think I stopped smiling the whole trip. Todd packed the whole car on Thursday night and we went to sleep a little after midnight. We were on the road at 5:00AM. Our plan was to be up at 3 and leave at 4, so we were just an hour behind schedule. I had a little bit of a hard time waking up but Todd popped right up and we got ready and grabbed the girls last. Eva woke up with the biggest smile, and that is UNHEARD of, she is typically NOT happy at all if you wake her up. But, she was so excited to go, and Kayla was too. They were adorable all sleepy in the backseat. Todd drove the whole way down, and I slept a little at the beginning, but for the most part, we were all awake the whole time. We are so thankful we had my brother's GPS, and now I'm pretty sure we're going to buy one. I have never used one, they are awesome. But you still have to remember to pay attention to where you should be going because computers sometimes are not smarter than people (we ended up going backwards to get to a Wendy's!). I will write more about the weekend and the rafting trip, but here are pictures from the drive there.....


So happy to be going on vacation :)

The first of many stops along the way....My sleepy Eva:)


My sleepy Kayla :), I just love her smile in this picture, she's so proud...
Sound asleep at sunriseKayla took this one of meI took this one of Toddand Eva

I don't know why we trusted Kayla with an entire bag of chips......

Somewhere in Kentucky

Our trusty GPS, she talked to us the whole time

A very bad picture of Mommy....

No comments:

Blog Layout