Friday, July 25, 2008

Lesson #1

Because this blog is dedictated to and for Eva and Kayla, I will be posting pictures and stories of them, but I will also be sharing lessons that I have learned with the hope that they may help my girls when the time is right.


The first lesson and we say it all the time at home, is "Knowledge is Power". I am always telling Eva this because she gets frustrated sometimes, or scared at times, and I tell her that whatever it is she's stuck on or afraid of, it just means she needs more information. And that information can be very powerful. I use this quite a bit when she freaks out about bugs or spiders and just wants to kill them.

"Only on Paper!" is Kayla's lesson for the past month. She is being really bad with paint, markers, pens, makeup, etc. She is constantly drawing all over her legs in pen and now that she can get out of her crib, I caught her at naptime (when I thought she was sleeping for an hour) dipping markers in paint and drawing all over her bedroom floor. I heard her crying so I went to check on her, and I couldn't believe what I saw! She writes all over everything and it's driving us crazy! And she says the cutest thing whenever she sees nail polish, she'll say, "I need my nails on!" or if she sees lipstick, she'll say, "I need my lips on!" A little off subject, but still very cute :)

No comments:

Blog Layout