Saturday, February 14, 2009

Fire in Fenton

An apartment caught fire early yesterday morning in Fenton. Thankfully, noone died but the whole building was destroyed and everyone living there lost everything they had. The girls and I went to the complex this morning to drop off some things, and it was just very sad. There were lots of donated items and it was very nice to see everything that people had brought in. But these people need furniture very bad right now. I saw a young guy in the leasing office this morning that I had met a few weeks ago when I was moving out of my apartment. He is part of a church missionary group and he came to my apartment door and asked if I needed help moving. He was so nice, and he remembered my name when I saw him this morning. I found out that they lived in the apartment building that burned down and they lost everything too. And they were there volunteering in the office this morning, offering their help to the other people that lost their homes. He even offered to help me again with anything I needed. My heart just goes out to him and his friends. Eva and I also learned this morning that Kayla is not into sharing or donating just yet. Eva put together some stuffed animals this morning to donate and when we were in the leasing office today, Kayla saw her stuffed snake and totally freaked out! The lady there gave it back to her, and Kayla was all smiles again. She doesn't quite get it just yet, but it was pretty funny. If anyone out there reading this has any furniture they would like to donate, please let me know.

Link to an article:
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2009/02/fire_at_silver_lake_hills_apar.html

No comments:

Blog Layout