Friday, August 22, 2008

My Vision Statement

To be His warrior, to pray everyday all day, to be so close to God, to be grateful, to laugh often and love much, to be the best mom I can be, to raise my girls with respect and integrity and courage, to be patient and understanding towards them, to pray with them, to put them first in everything I do, to value my family, to value my health and wellness, to be close to my family, to value all of my relationships, to be organized and efficient, to be generous and responsible, to never stop learning, to grow everyday, to appreciate my work, to have everything my family needs because I was smart and saved and worked hard, to be timely and a person of my word, to enjoy life and all the good it has to offer, to love without hesitation, to take risks that are necessary, to have the strength and courage to do the right thing, to do everything with a smile and find the good in all situations, to leave the world a bit better........these are my goals :)

I decided to come up with a personal vision statement (that turned into a paragraph!) last fall when I was going through a very difficult time. I keep it in my desk at work and read it almost every morning. It was inspired by a poem written by Ralph Waldo Emerson.

2 comments:

Dawn Blay-Smith said...

I think you are a great mom and I like your vision statement. I think now is the time to put all of your faith and trust in god and see what he can do. We all know we are just human, we cant do it only he can. You are a strong person and you know that God loves you and he does care and he will never leave you.

Lisa said...

Thank you! I know to put all of my trust in God and that this is all part of a perfect plan for me, but it's still hard at times. Thanks for everything :)

Blog Layout